dual*ities

LIGHT. SHADE. AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN.

Monday, January 31, 2005

distracting myself

“Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn’t the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment.” ~ Robert Benchley

My “To Do” List for January 31, 2005 says that I have to accomplish the following by the end of the day: 1) an article for ADMU’s campus ministry office; 2) preparations for my thesis data-gathering (to be held on Wednesday and Saturday); and 3) 2 documentation reports for JVP. So far, I am done with the first one and am half-finished with the second (since this one involved many tasks). But the third? Zero. Nada. Zilch. I’ve already done everything I could possibly do at home on a Monday night—updated the batch directory, answered emails, updated my record book of finances, and watched a little TV. Everything, except for the very thing(s) Im supposed to be doing.

Now, it’s 11:45 pm, yet still, I’ve managed to distract myself even further by opening old files on my computer. (As if there weren’t enough distractions as it is!) And (un)fortunately for me, I found a sort-of-a-game posted by a friend’s friend’s friend a couple of years ago on her on-line journal. It’s too amusing not to keep a copy of—even if I didn’t have a blog yet at that time. And now that I do have one, I figured I might as well post my answers to this game/quiz/list, which happens to involve bands and the titles of their songs. What’s more, I didn’t do it just once, but four times over! That is, with four different bands that “I grew up with” (hence, I am quite familiar with more than a few of their songs). Haha. Anything to avoid the obligatory. And that, I believe, is called, “shirking one’s duties”. My friends will be proud of me.=)

Well, what can I say? Picking out song titles and relating them to yourself, is infinitely much more fun that doing documentation reports. Anyone care to argue with me on this?=)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Directions: Pick a band and answer these only using their song titles.

Using INDIGO GIRLS

1. Are you male or female? DON’T GIVE THAT GIRL A GUN
2. Describe yourself? LEAST COMPLICATED
3. How do some people feel about you? MYSTERY
4. How do you feel about yourself? CLOSER TO FINE
5. Describe your boy/girlfriend or interest? GHOST =)
6. Where would you rather be? GET OUT THE MAP
7. Describe what you want to be? LET IT BE ME
8. Describe how you live? TRIED TO BE TRUE
9. Describe how you love? DEAD MAN’S HILL
10. Share a few words of wisdom: EVERYTHING IN ITS OWN TIME


Using CRANBERRIES

1. Are you male or female? I’M STILL REMEMBERING =)
2. Describe yourself? DREAMING MY DREAMS
3. How do some people feel about you? CLOSE TO YOU
4. How do you feel about yourself? FOREVER YELLOW SKIES
5. Describe your boy/girlfriend or interest? JUST MY IMAGINATION
6. Where would you rather be? SALVATION
7. Describe what you want to be? FREE TO DECIDE
8. Describe how you live? LINGER
9. Describe how you love? ZOMBIE
10. Share a few words of wisdom: EVERYTHING I SAID


Using
PEARL JAM

1. Are you male or female? DAUGHTER
2. Describe yourself? DISSIDENT
3. How do some people feel about you? ELDERLY WOMAN BEHIND THE COUNTER IN A
SMALL TOWN
4. How do you feel about yourself? ALIVE
5. Describe your boy/girlfriend or interest? BLACK
6. Where would you rather be? OCEANS
7. Describe what you want to be? DEEP
8. Describe how you live? EVEN FLOW
9. Describe how you love? INDIFFERENCE
10. Share a few words of wisdom: WHY GO?


Using AEROSMITH

1. Are you male or female? DUDE (LOOKS LIKE A LADY)
--> hardyharhar!
2. Describe yourself? SAME OLD SONG AND DANCE
3. How do some people feel about you? TRAIN KEPT ROLLING
4. How do you feel about yourself? FINE
5. Describe your boy/girlfriend or interest? CAN’T STOP MESSIN’
6. Where would you rather be? LIVIN’ ON THE EDGE
7. Describe what you want to be? AMAZING
8. Describe how you live? WALK THIS WAY
9. Describe how you love? CHIP AWAY THE STONE
10. Share a few words of wisdom:
DREAM ON

pol, 11:48 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment