dual*ities

LIGHT. SHADE. AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN.

Saturday, February 19, 2005

little voices, big dreams


Gotta love these past two days. I spent them with third year students from public high schools in Marikina, Payatas, and Districts 3 & 4 of Quezon City, as they held their culminating activity for their English Literature classes in Pathways. Entitled “LITle Voices, Big Dreams,” the activity was meant to showcase the students’ talents and creativity, as integrated to their learnings from the Saturday enrichment classes that they have been attending this school year, specifically in the realm of literature and the arts. The students presented plays (some of which were originally written by them), declamation pieces, interpretative dances, song numbers, and speech choir performances. Given the fact that they had difficulty finding time to practice for their acts (what with all the other stuff that they had to do in school), they delivered quite well during the actual days of performance. There were a few minor bloopers here and there, but those, I guess, were part of the charm of their presentations. What’s more, they had fun! It was, more than anything, a bonding experience for them and their ates and kuyas in Pathways.

I, too, had a whole lot of fun. I didn't get to spend so much time with this batch of students when I was with Pathways, so I’m truly glad for the opportunity to get to know them a little better as I assisted them “backstage” during the show. They, in fact, gave me a new role to play—that of a make-up artist! For someone who does not put on make-up, this is something quite new indeed.=) But surprisingly, I enjoyed painting their faces according to the characters they were supposed to play. I was so into it that the kids started joking that they'd “hire” me to be their make-up artist for their upcoming prom. Hahaha.

Who knows? I just might take up the offer.=)

pol, 11:35 PM

1 Comments:

tagged you in my blog, P. check it out. :)

-anj
Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:45 AM  

Add a comment