dual*ities

LIGHT. SHADE. AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

womyn's day



“A strong woman won’t let anyone get the best of her…but a woman of strength gives the best of herself to everyone.”
~ anon

I know that to a lot of people, March 8 is just another day in the calendar. But for me, it’s a red-letter day. It is, after all, Women’s Day! (Or should I say Womyn's Day?) This day, to me, is perhaps akin to what Valentine’s Day is to many. (V-Day does not mean anything to me, but W-Day does.) Women’s Day is MY day. It is not some overrated, way-too-commercial event. Rather, it’s personal. But then again, sometimes what’s most personal is most universal. Women issues and concerns, by and large, are essentially the same in any country you go to, only perhaps differing in how they are concretely manifested in specific contexts.

So how did I spend the day? Just doing my stuff the best I can. No frills. No trimmings. Just plain me and my craft. And I liked it that way.

pol, 9:31 PM

2 Comments:

happy women's day, pia! masayang ipagdiwang ang ating pagkababae. :)

glad to have seen you sa bamboo concert. and the others as well. sayang di na ako nakajoin sa kantahan (jan was actually game). but i had a report (which was postponed ng 9 am!) the next morning.

-anj
Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:36 PM  
thanks jowi, same to you! i better plan a "lurv-pia" day soon to celebrate womyn's month.:) gaya-gaya sa'yo. hehe.

anj, missed you nga during the video-oke session. :( anyway, posted our "CO gals" pic on the post below this (dated mar.6). ganda natin. mwahaha!
Blogger pol, at 7:24 PM  

Add a comment