dual*ities

LIGHT. SHADE. AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN.

Monday, May 16, 2005

going with the flow

Another week has come and gone, and I still a-floatin’ in limbo between the data coding and data analysis stages of my research. With all the unanticipated stuff that had cropped up this past week, I ended up devoting a total of only about 2 ½ days for my thesis work.

As per usual, I planned on working on my backlog over the weekend. But, well, I guess my “inner kaladkarin” prevailed. Haha. Hence, Friday and Saturday nights, I found myself out on impromptu bonding sessions with my Pathways and JVP ‘framilies’ respectively. Then Sunday afternoon, I ended up catching up on my reading (the non-academic kind, of course).

Nothing went as planned. And I do not regret it one bit.:)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As much as I’d like to sit back and relax the next few days, however, reality says that I need to go back to my regularly scheduled programming ASAP. The month of June is fast approaching, which means I’m just counting weeks before crunch time.

Time. It is, indeed, living up to every cliché that has been said about it. It does fly fast. And it does entrap one into a challenging game of catch up. I myself have fallen into that trap countless of times.

Hopefully, in the coming days, I’d learn to fall right into pace with it again.

And I guess it doesn’t hurt either that I actually found a song that would remind me of such a bid. Here goes:


Time

by Chantal Kreviazuk

Time, where did you go?
Why did you leave me here alone?
Wait, don’t go so fast
I’m missing the moments as they pass
Now I’ve looked in the mirror
And the world’s getting clearer
So wait for me this time.

I’m down, I’m down on my knees
I’m begging for all your sympathy
But you (I’m just an illusion)
You don’t seem to care (I wish that I could)
You humble people everywhere (I don’t mean to hurt you).

Now I’ve looked in the mirror
And the world’s getting clearer
I’ll take what you give me
Please know that I’m learning
So wait for me this time.

I should’ve known better
I shouldn’t have wasted those days
And afternoons and mornings
I threw them all away.

Now, this is my time
And I’m going to make this moment mine
(I shouldn’t have wasted those days)
I’ll take what you give me

Please know that I’m learning
I’ve looked in the mirror
My world’s getting clearer
So wait for me this time.

pol, 3:01 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment