dual*ities

LIGHT. SHADE. AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

new look, new name, same old me

I finally got myself a new look, a new name, and a new home! For my blog, that is.:) Well, “the look” is not that new actually, since the template is more than a week old. (I just never got around to explaining it. ü) But I’ve actually been meaning to make the switch since a couple of months ago. To borrow Anj's words (from her old site), my old blog didn’t “feel like me” anymore. Or maybe I’ve just gotten tired of it. The template was too dull, the url was a little too melodramatic, etcetera, etcetera. The incongruence wasn’t so much in terms of content and substance, since every post did capture a piece of me at a certain moment in time. But sometimes, the overt elements of interaction (in this case, the blog template, the blog name, the url) via this medium does affect the message that one puts across. We are embodied spirits after all.ü

Hence, just as I’m becoming more comfortable in my own skin (as I mentioned in my previous post), I thought It’d be cool if I became more comfortable with my “blog skin” as well. Hehehe. And since I’ve always been fascinated with dichotomies and two-fold realties (and how these realities need not contradict, but should complement each other instead), I’ve decided to go by what you now see in this blog. (Just for the record, I was playing around with "x&y" in my head even before I heard of Coldplay's latest album. I love Coldplay, but the "x&y" thingy was more of a Psych stat influence, more than anything.ü) I brought in my old entries too, just so I can see the continuity of things. So there you go, another duality: the merging of the old and the new. Same substance, different form. My blog.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After my self-imposed semi-hiatus from the internet last week, I finally finished reading a week’s worth of emails last night. A lot if it made for heavy reading, what with the current crisis in the socio-political scene and all. But there were light ones too that balanced it all out. This one’s my favorite:

How Smart is Your Right Foot?

This is so funny that it will boggle your mind. And you will keep trying at least 50 more times to see if you can outsmart your foot, but you can't. (Note: Try to do it as you read each line.)


1. While sitting at your desk, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles.

2. Now, while doing this, draw the number "6" in the air with your right hand.

Your foot will change direction.

I told you!! And there's nothing you can do about it.

Uncanny huh? But really cool too! Now I have something new to practice when I need to rest my mind and develop my psychomotor skills instead.ü

pol, 11:40 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment